For fans of outdoor activities, things like hiking, swimming, climbing, and other outdoor activities are ideal ways to remain active and explore in the midst of COVID-19. Outdoor activities make it easier to engage in social distancing even with friends and family.
Take a look at the following top 10 beach and coastal activities to do in the UK.
- Rock climbing at Dorset
- Coastal foraging at North Yorkshire
- Coasteering at County Antrim
- Scuba diving at Argyll
- Surfing at Cornwall
- Sea kayaking at Devon
- Marine life walk at West Sussex
- Paddleboarding at Norfolk
- Seven Sisters Guided Walk at East Sussex
- Mackerel fishing at Pembrokeshire
The beach isn’t only for sunbathing. If you’d rather give coasteering, surfing, climbing or even foraging a go, here’s how and where.
Rock climbing, Dorset
The Jurassic Coast looks thrillingly different when viewed from a rock face on the Isle of Portland. Connected to the mainland via Chesil Beach, this limestone peninsula is laced with climbing routes, from beginner-friendly to challenging.
The old railway cuttings on the east coast feature climbs for all levels, while Blacknor cliff on the west has easier routes for those new to the activity. Participants learn key skills, including how to belay safely, from Rob Kennard, who has decades of teaching experience and good knowledge of the local geology.
• Half-day taster session from £22pp (for a group of seven or eight; £27pp for four; £75 for one), portland-climbing.co.uk
The post 10 of the Best Beach and Coastal Activities You Can Do Around the UK was published on Coworkaholic.