What does travel have to teach us? How does travel change us? Join host Becky Gillespie as she dives into these questions and shares travel stories from the road. The School of Travels is not just a podcast but a community where listeners can share their travel stories and get tips from fellow listeners in “The School of Travels” Facebook community.
Lesson 18: Taking Your Pleasure Seriously at Home and Abroad with Carlota Braun
In this episode of the podcast, I talk with graphic designer Carlota Braun about her experiences traveling in Europe and the USA before she decided to leave her desk job in her hometown of Cordoba, Argentina and….STAY in her hometown as a freelancer on her own terms. By learning to take pleasure in her everyday moments and becoming an active part of her creative community, Carlota has learned how to feel truly happy in the hometown that she so often dreamed of escaping for more travel adventures.
Covered in this episode:
- How podcast host Becky and Carlota met in Portugal (negative travel experiences can still lead to making great friends on the road)
- The Danish concept of “hygge” and why Denmark is Carlota’s favorite country in Europe
- How to find peace with living in your hometown
- Using your existing community to help you design a life that doesn’t have to be living the 9–5 every day
- Why travel is a great self-confidence builder
Learn more about the Danish concept of hygge
The School of Travels Podcast
The School of Travels podcast interviews people in many different stages of their travel experience from taking their first trips outside of their hometowns to digital nomads who travel continuously. The series asks questions like: What inspires us to travel in the first place? Have a travel story that you’d like to share? Share it in the Facebook community or submit your story to The School of Travels!
Every week, Coworkaholic will be sharing an episode from The School of Travels. The post The School of Travels: Taking Pleasure Seriously at Home and Abroad was published on Coworkaholic, in partnership with The School of Travels podcast.