What does travel have to teach us? How does travel change us? Join host Becky Gillespie as she dives into these questions and shares travel stories from the road. The School of Travels is not just a podcast but a community where listeners can share their travel stories and get tips from fellow listeners in “The School of Travels” Facebook community.
Episode #2: Learning by Trying with Sailor, Paraglider, and Co-Founder of Coworking Bansko – Uwe Allgäuer
In this episode meet Uwe Allgäuer, co-founder of Coworking Bansko, a co-working space and hub for digital nomads in the beautiful ski town of Bansko, Bulgaria. Uwe shares what inspired him to travel in the first place and how his curiosity for travel has led him to take on a wide variety of new experiences such as becoming a development aid worker in Africa, driving safari trucks through the desert, learning to paraglide, learning to sail, becoming a skipper on sailing trips around the world, and even co-founding a co-working space to help other people find community when they travel. Uwe is truly a travel inspiration and a great lesson in where travel can take you.
Covered in this episode:
- Growing up in a small mountain town in Western Austria
- Becoming a professional electrician
- Taking his first trip without his parents to Africa as a teenager
- His thoughts on traveling alone
- Travelling to Cuba in the days of Fidel Castro
- How traveling throws you into the wild and teaches you so many things
- Guiding safaris in Botswana
- Learning to paraglide in Austria in his 20s
- Learning to sail and then guiding his own sailing trips
- Digital nomad life and starting a coworking space in Bansko, Bulgaria
- Taking advantage of free walking tours around the world
The School of Travels Podcast
The School of Travels podcast interviews people in many different stages of their travel experience from taking their first trips outside of their hometowns to digital nomads who travel continuously. The series asks questions like: What inspires us to travel in the first place? Have a travel story that you’d like to share? Share it in the Facebook community or submit your story to The School of Travels!
Every Sunday, Coworkaholic will be sharing an episode from The School of Travels. The post The School of Travels: Learning By Trying, Sailing & Traveling Alone was first published on Coworkaholic, in partnership with The School of Travels podcast.