Delta Airlines is extending loyalty benefits for Delta Sky Club Memberships, and SkyMiles Amex Card holders.
- Delta Sky Club Memberships, select Delta SkyMiles Amex Card benefits extended further into 2021
- No fees to change or cancel a domestic award ticket for all SkyMiles Members
- No 72-hours-before-departure deadline to change or cancel a domestic award ticket for all SkyMiles Members
In the next couple of weeks these changes will officially be put into effect.
Delta SkyMiles American Express Card Members will see select benefits extended through the end of next year:
- Delta SkyMiles Gold Card Members who earn a $100 Delta flight credit will have the expiration date for that credit extended to Dec. 31, 2021.
- Delta SkyMiles Platinum and Reserve Card Members with unused Companion Certificates will receive an additional extension to book and travel using the Companion Certificate by Dec. 31, 2021.
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve Card Members with unused Delta Sky Club guest passes will have expiration dates for those passes extended to Dec. 31, 2021.
These extensions are for eligible Card Members with benefits issued Jan. 1 – Nov. 30, 2020.
Delta Sky Club Memberships (that were active as of March 1, 2020) will be extended again for Members to enjoy through June 30, 2021.
Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members who selected Upgrade Certificates, Delta Sky Club Memberships, Delta Sky Club Guest Passes, or Delta Travel Vouchers or gave Medallion Status through Delta’s exclusive Choice Benefits for the 2020 Medallion Year will get to select new Choice Benefits starting on Feb. 1, 2021 (the start of the 2021 Medallion Year) or as they earn Medallion Status (like they normally would).
Additionally, SkyMiles Select Members will receive an additional six-month extension to the benefits, including any unused drink vouchers.
Award Travel Flexibility
Effective immediately, Delta is making the following permanent changes for travel within the U.S. (including Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands):
- Eliminating the $150 redeposit fee to cancel an award ticket and the $150 reissue fee to change an award ticket for all SkyMiles Members. This covers travel on all tickets, excluding Basic Economy fares.
- Allowing changes and cancelations on award tickets before departure for all SkyMiles Members, excluding Basic Economy fares. No longer will changes and cancelations made within 72 hours of departure lose miles on domestic award tickets.
And in review, Delta has waived change fees for all tickets purchased since March 2020 through 2020. This includes both US and international travel.
For all US travel, change fees are eliminated permanently with the exception of Basic Economy fares.
Customers can also use their travel credits through December 2022 for travel originally scheduled to depart before March 31, 2021 (if the ticket was purchased before April 17, 2020).
The post Delta Extends Loyalty Benefits Further into 2021 For Award Travel was published on Coworkaholic.